- Competition is organized by the Karol Szymanowski Music Society in collaboration with the Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music in Katowice.
- The subject of the competition is a piece for great symphony orchestra including:3 flauti (3. muta in fl picc.), 3 oboe (3. muta in cr.ing.), 3 clarinetti (3. muta in cl.b.), 3 fagotti (3. muta in cfg), 4 corni – 3 trombe, 3 tromboni, tuba batteria (4 esecutori), arpa, pianoforte (celesta), archi (16-14-12-10-8)
- Required duration of the composition 10 – 20 min
- The competition is open to composers of all nations regardless of age.
- Each participant may submit more than one score.
- It is possible to submit works already performed, excluding compositions already published and awarded in other competitions.
- Cash Prizes:
- I Prize 20.000 pln (founded by Minister of Culture and National Heritage)
- II Prize 15.000 pln
- III Prize 10.000 pln
- Prize of Polish National Symphony Radio Orchestra Katowice – archive recording for Polish Radio or performance of one of the awarded compositions in 2016 – 2017
- Prize of Karol Szymanowski Philharmonic in Cracow – performance of one of the awarded compositions in 2016 – 2017
- Prize of His Magnificence Rector of Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music in Katowice – performance of one of the awarded compositions by the Karol Szymanowski Academic Symphony Orchestra in 2016 – 2017
- Prize of PWM Edition – set of Polish contemporary scores
The deadline for sending the scores is 30th November 2015.
download competition rules
Leave a Reply